Meet Our Team
— Chairman & Founder
- B.Optom( RAU)
- BSc. Hon.Psychology(UNW)
- CAS(Paediatric & Binocular Vision)
- NBI Practitioner
- Certificate in Dyslexia (UK)
Sandra Stark is a paediatric optometrist with a special interest in dyslexia. She is the founder and director of Die Rooi Appel dyslexia specialists cc., distributing company of dyslexia diagnostic materials in South Africa. She is also the founder and chairman of RADA (Red Apple Dyslexia Association), NPO in SA. She is the co-author of the SA-standardized Stark-Griffin Dyslexia Diagnostic Test, the author of the Afrikaans Stark-Griffin Test and the author of A New Day for Dyslexiaâ therapist and student manuals. She is also the author if The Holistic Visual-Perceptual Therapy Manual in Afrikaans and English.
She is in private practice in the Vaal Triangle with two optometric practices and runs the Rooi Appel dyslexia office in Three Rivers. She completed her Certificate in advanced studies in Paediatric and Binocular Vision through the New College of Optometry in Boston, USA, as well as a certificate in Neethlingh Brain Institute (NBI) assessments. She completed her Certificate in the Teaching of Children with Dyslexia from Direct Learning in the UK.
— Director Marketing
- Hornsby Course
- Certificate of Competence in Educational Testing
Noel Grey is a Remedial Tutor specialising in Dyslexia. She completed the Hornsby Course in Dyslexia and Literacy as well as the Dyslexic Math programme through Dyslexia Action in London.
She has also completed the Certificate of Competence in Educational Testing (accredited by the British Psychological Society) and is trained in undertaking assessments using psychometric testing.
After returning to South Africa in 2010, Noel founded Adams House in order to provide one-on-one specialised tutoring for children aged between 6 – 13. She is also fully trained as a TTRS tutor (a touch typing reading and spelling programme from the UK) and can tutor up to 10 students per group. She was recently appointed as the Director of Marketing for RADA.
— Director of Finances
- TUKS : BA (Logopedika) ; Completed Honors Degree Project with distinction
- UNISA : H.E.D
- TED Education Centre: 6 years
- West Rand School for cerebral palsied- and learning disabled children: 6 months
- Private Practice: 24 years
- At present managing 4 Private Practices on the West Rand.
Presented training to Speech Therapists, Audiologists, Acousticians and Audiometrists on the following topics:
Consumer Protection Act: Ethical aspects regarding CPA and how it impacts on all Health Care Professionals in hearing care.
Medico Legal Cases: Diagnostic Evaluation and Report writing.
1. West Rand Private Practitioners â compile a screening test to be used by Occupational Therapists, Remedial Teachers, Educational Pschychologists and Speech Therapists/Audiologists. The objective of the test is to identify speech-, language- and auditory problems for the age groups 3-4 years and 4-6 years.
2. Jong Dames Dinamiek: Chaired the associations for 3 years.
3. ATKV Wesrand: Chaired the ATKV branch for 2 years.
4. School Committees: Was involved in organizing support groups at Primary Schools to assist in the emotional preparation of Grd.7âs for the challenges as presented in a High School.
5. Church: Was involved in providing biblical teaching to children from pre-school to Grd.9.
6. South African Association of Audiologists:
Was elected to serve in the Executive Committee of SAAA for 5 years in the following portfolios:
7. Red Apple Dyslexia Association: Serve presently as Director: Finances.
— Director of Fundraising
- Diploma in Sports Vision at RAU
- Diploma in Practical Paediatrics from the Paediatric Training Academy
Analia Lombard is an optometrist in Kempton Park, East Rand. She has a special interest in children with reading disabilities. She qualified at RAU in 1994. Being a sport enthusiast she completed a diploma in Sports Vision at RAU, as well as a diploma in Practical Paediatrics from the Paediatric Training Academy. She is involved with several local schools, doing screening and training at these institutions. She is the fundraising director of the Red Apple Dyslexia Association.